This book is a product of the two-day interactive dialogue organized by Institute for Defence Studies and Analyses (IDSA) entitled "India-Russia Strategic Dialogue: Opportunities and Challenges" on March 13-14, 2009 in New Delhi with the participation of well-known experts from top think-tanks from India and Russia. It was for the first time since the collapse of the Soviet Union that IDSA has organized an event with the aim also to revive dialogue with think-tanks in Russia, to exchange perspectives on the changes in the international and regional security environment and the need for greater Indo-Russian cooperation. The dialogue was aimed at bridging the knowledge gap on Russian affairs in India.
The book contains an indispensable compendium of views of experts on a variety of security-related issues that have considerable bearing on the Indo-Russian partnership. This volume also symbolizes a continuing interest for interactions and linkages between the strategic communities of both the countries. The issues covered in the book are thematic in nature and perspectives from both Russia and India, written by individual authors. The book should be of particular interest to those tracking the dynamic changes in India-Russia relations and the issues that dominate them.
About the Contributors
2. Russia and the West
3. US and Russia: Passing of Cold War or Renewal of Equitable Partnership
4. Nuclear Non-proliferation: Challenges Ahead
Vladimir T. Novikov
5. Nuclear Non-proliferation/Nuclear Disarmament: An Indian Perspective
6. Instability in Afghanistan and Pakistan
7. Emerging Trends in Afghanistan and Pakistan: Implications for Regional Security
8. The Iranian Nuclear Issue
Vladimir E. Novikov
9. Soviet/Post-Soviet Security Perspectives towards South Asia: An Historical, Analytic Overview
Nisha Sahai Achuthan
10. India and Russia: Allies in the International Political System
Anuradha M. Chenoy
11. Russian-Indian Bilateral Cooperation
12. Indo-Russian Trade and Economic Cooperation: The Way Ahead
13. Conditions and Prospects of Intellectual Property Market Organisation in the Context of Innovative Anti-recessionary Development of Indo-Russian Partnership in the 21st Century
Vladimir N. Lopatin
About the Editor
Prof. P. Stobdan is a leading Indian expert on national and international strategic and security issues with specific focus on Asian affairs. He has written extensively on wide range of security-related subjects in professional journals, books and newspapers both in India and abroad. He served as Director(First Secretary), ICC, Embassy of India, Almaty; Joint Director, National Security Council Secretariat (NSCS), Government of India; Director, Centre for Strategic and Regional Studies (CSRS), University of Jammu and is currently a Senior Fellow at the Institute for Defence Studies and Analyses (IDSA), New Delhi.
All rights reserved by Rossiyskaya Gazeta.
to our newsletter!
Get the week's best stories straight to your inbox