According to the latest official data, the last week floods in the Kuban region killed 166 people, the regional administration said on Friday.
"According to the official data confirmed by Friday morning, a total of 8,937 properties and apartment blocks and seven socially significant facilities were flooded in the 11 populated areas affected by the flood," the statement said.
Over 34,000 people were affected by the disaster. In all, some 3,000 people were evacuated from the flood zone during the disaster response. Currently, 581 people, including 87 children, are accommodated at 10 temporary shelters.
"The cities of Gelendzhik and Novorossiisk have almost recovered from the flood. Power supply there has fully resumed, all boiler rooms are operating, streets and roads have been cleared," the spokesperson said.
Also, piles of trash and mud were cleared away from most streets in the Krymsk district (255 kilometers). Rain gutters were fully cleared, the removal of rubble continues. By Friday morning, about 60% of all properties (around 700) were cleared.
Up to 7,500 tonnes of all kinds of trash - wood, silt, mud and broken stuff - is being removed from the flood zone each day. A total of 35,000 tonnes of trash have already been removed.
Over 50 mobile veterinary teams continue to dispose of dead animals and disinfect the areas.
It was reported that the July 6-7 floods were the result of very heavy rains.
All rights reserved by Rossiyskaya Gazeta.