The chief of the Moscow Human Rights Bureau Alexander Brod will continue his hunger strike in protest against his absence on the list of nominees to the Presidential Human Rights Council until his demands have been met.
"As long as my capabilities and physical strength allow, I will continue. I have not seen so far that the Council chairman or most of its members want to begin a dialogue. They will turn everything into a joke, or just insult me and my colleagues," Brod said at a news conference at Interfax on Tuesday.
He said his main demands are: transparent and objective elections in which most of the nominees will run.
"The working group's decision must be reversed, and the selection should be restarted and be held openly and objectively with the participation of all of the Council's current members and independent experts in a procedure devoid of personal judgments and campaigns," he said.
All rights reserved by Rossiyskaya Gazeta.