Prominent blogger and opposition figure Alexei Navalny has described the latest criminal case launched against him as a new legal realityand said he doesn't intend to leave Russia.
"It is impossible to launch a case without a complaint from the afflicted side. If the Union of Right Forces says that everything is perfect and they are happy, it is not quite clear how the case was launched. This is a demonstration of the general degree of lawlessness, of a new legal reality," he said to Interfax on Monday.
The opposition figure said he doesn't intend to stop his activities or have plans of moving abroad. "I don't intend to go anywhere, of course, and I won't stop my activities. We realize that we are right and that sooner or later we will definitely win," he said.
In his opinion, the new criminal case is absurd from both the legal point of view and from the point of view of common logic.
"The fact that they are speaking of some 100 million [rubles] means that they did not even receive documents from the Central Elections Commission," he said.
"The cases look absurd to any person with a degree, not necessary a degree in law. Nevertheless, they are still being launched," Navalny said.
He did not rule out that this will not be the last criminal case against him because "criminal cases are limited only by imagination."
"They are showing that tomorrow they can launch a criminal case of crossing the street in the wrong place," he said. "After they simply singled out a routine economic transaction and declared it fraudulent, one can take any transfer of the fund [for resisting corruption led by Navalny], or me as a lawyer or any company in which I ever acted as the founder, and declare it fraudulent," he said.
Earlier on Monday the Investigative Committee announced the opening of a new criminal case against Navalny.
All rights reserved by Rossiyskaya Gazeta.