Burkinis designed by Aheda Zanetti. Source: http://ahiida.com/
Burkhini (a portmanteau of burkha and bikini) is a swimsuit for Muslim women, designed by Lebanese-Australian designer Aheda Zanetti in the early 2000s. The unique swimsuit is becoming popular with Muslim women in Russia.
Dilara Sadrieva, a Russian designer specializing in Muslim fashion, shared some tips for choosing this important article of clothing.
A Burkini for surfers. Source: GettyImages
1. A Burkini must be waterproof, dry quickly and protect a woman from UV rays. Very good Burkinis are made from the same materials as surfing clothes.
Luxury beach dress. Source: Lora Grig
2. Swimwear for Muslim women is not limited only to a Burkini. There is a wide range of extravagant beachwear that is compatible with Islamic values.
A Burkini designed by Russian company Hayat. Source: http://hayat-line.ru/
3. The choice of a Burkini depends the activity a woman is taking part in. There are different types of Burkinis for those who are swimming, diving, participating in water sports or relaxing on a beach.
Surfing in Australia. Source: GettyImages
4. A Burkini should allow a woman to swim freely. It should not be very tight-fitting or stick to the body after swimming.
Aqua aerobics in Saint-Tropez, France. Source: GettyImages
5. There are Burkinis that look more like tracksuits and are very heavy when wet.
Source: Haşema Aile
6. The hemline needs to be attached to the pants from the inside, so that it isn’t pulled up while a woman swims.
Source: Lora Grig
7. Instead of using a headscarf made of synthetic materials, which is sold in a Burkini set, it is better to use a natural crepe de chine scarf, which dries faster and protects the hair better.
All rights reserved by Rossiyskaya Gazeta.
to our newsletter!
Get the week's best stories straight to your inbox