On October 1, 2013, the Moscow City Government, Debate Night,
the Center for Innovative Development in Moscow,
and Technopolis Moskva will host a debate on the topic: "Will Russia become
one of the leaders in high-tech production?"
current state of the Russian economy, the topic is not only controversial but
also of great importance. There are a number of industries that are well-positioned
to show substantial growth in high-tech production, including pharmaceuticals,
chemicals, composite materials, aviation, IT and nanotechnology. The industry
list is still highly debated by the expert community.
guests—senior executives, high-ranking government officials and industry
experts—will attend the upcoming debate. Intellectual partners of Debate Night
include the Skolkovo Foundation and National Research University–Higher School
of Economics. A research analysis on high-tech production in Russia will be
prepared and presented at the debate.
Key debate questions
- In which sectors of high-tech production
gain global leadership?
- Which factors will contribute to
development of this leadership role?
- Which factors will hold Russia
- How to prioritize between traditional,
high-volume industries and innovative, high-margin industries?
- What is the ideal relationship between
the government and the private sector, with respect to high-tech production
For the motion
- Alexei Komissarov, Head of the Department of Science, Industrial Policy
and Entrepreneurship in Moscow
- Vladimir Hlebnikov, Chairman of the Board of Directors at Composite
- Sergei Arhipov, Chief Innovation Officer, President of Harvard Club of Russia
Against the motion
- Yevgeny Gavrilenkov, General Economist
- Eldor Azizov, General Director of
- Alexander Grachev, General Director of SPT Group (Schlumberger, Russia)
- Constantine Fokin, General
Director at the Center for
Innovative Development in Moscow
- Alexei Ivanov, Director
of the Department of Legal Policy and Community Development at The
- Mark Shmulevich, Deputy
Minister of Communications and Mass Media of the Russian Federation
- Oleg Fomichev, Deputy Minister of Economic
Development of the Russian Federation
will be followed by a road-show of Russia's
most promising high-tech production companies from the following industries:
- Date: Tuesday, October 1, 2013
- Time: Guests gather between 7:00 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
- Venue: Technopolis Moskva, Volgogradskiy
Pr. 42, Bldg. 24
- Entrance: By ticket, guest list, media
- Dress code: Business
Daria Kislitsyna, +7 (967)
128-0057, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
sponsorship opportunities: Umeda Ganieva, +7 (903) 009-6009, e-mail: email@example.com
partnerships and media accreditation: Alena Vantorina, +7 (915) 170-7656, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
All rights reserved by Rossiyskaya Gazeta.