There are more than 1 000 schi recipes – with mushrooms, with young cabbage, with sorrel, with smoked pork ribs, with salmon and etc. You can feel absolutely free to create your own version with everything which is available in your fridge, just don’t forget about the key ingredient – shredded cabbage.
Pork ribs — 800 g
1) Cut the meat – put it in a pot with a whole onion and a whole carrot. Bring it to a boil, but don’t let it boil all the way so that the broth remains clear. If any foam forms, remove it.
2) Cut all the vegetables. They will be fried later.
3) Stew the cabbage. The right way to stew it is in pork fat, but we’re not going to make things too complicated, so we’ll just use butter.
4) When the broth is ready, take the meat out and cut it into small pieces, removing it from the bone and then placing it back in the broth.
5) Add the potatoes and fried vegetables. Once the potatoes are boiled, add the cabbage and millet (if you want to make the soup thicker). Boil it for another 15 minutes and then turn off the flame.
6) Let it stand for at least an hour.
All rights reserved by Rossiyskaya Gazeta.