Two-month hunger strike of Bolotnaya Square suspect Krivov poses no threat to his life - Penitentiary Service

The life of Bolotnaya Square case suspect Sergei Krivov, who went on a hunger strike, is in no danger, the Federal Penitentiary Service Department for Moscow said.

"His vitals - body temperature, pulse, blood pressure - are normal. No threat to his life exists now," spokesman for the Federal Penitentiary Service Department for Moscow Sergei Tsygankov told Interfax.

Krivov went on a hunger strike on September 19, Tsygankov said.

The Bolotnaya Square case suspect lost over 19 kg since then, the spokesman said, "His weight was 79 kg back then. As of November 20, Krivov weighs 59.7 kg," he said.

"As of now, laboratory and instrumental tests revealed no pathology, Krivov is examined by doctors daily and the examination results are put into his medical records," Tsygankov said.

An ambulance has been called to the court for Krivov several times.

Krivov has already gone on a hunger strike, which lasted from between December 14, 2012 and January 25, 2013.

The opposition rally permitted by the Moscow authorities at Moscow\'s Bolotnaya Square on May 6, 2012 escalated into clashes with police. Over 400 people were detained following the unrest.

All rights reserved by Rossiyskaya Gazeta.

More exciting stories and videos on Russia Beyond's Facebook page

This website uses cookies. Click here to find out more.

Accept cookies