Consultations on settlement in southeastern Ukraine to be held on June 27, place unknown - former Ukrainian President Kuchma

Consultations of the contact group of Ukraine, Russia and the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE) will continue on Friday, June 27, however the site for holding them is unknown as of now, former Ukrainian President, member of the group Leonid Kuchma told reporters in Kyiv on Thursday.

Consultations of the contact group of Ukraine, Russia and the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE) will continue on Friday, June 27, however the site for holding them is unknown as of now, former Ukrainian President, member of the group Leonid Kuchma told reporters in Kyiv on Thursday.

"We intend to continue this tomorrow," Kuchma said.

When asked where this meeting will be, Kuchma said: "I do not know myself." It has been proposed to hold this meeting in Russia, however it was agreed to have it in Ukraine but a certain place has not been determined yet, he said.

"We have consultations, not negotiating process. Because the authorities can not sit at the negotiating table with them [representatives of the Donetsk People's Republic and Luhansk People's Republic]," Kuchma said.

Meanwhile, First Deputy Prime Minister of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People's Republic Andrey Purgin told Interfax earlier on Thursday that the next round of consultations on the peaceful settlement in Donbas and the Luhansk region was scheduled to take place in Donetsk on Friday.

All rights reserved by Rossiyskaya Gazeta.

More exciting stories and videos on Russia Beyond's Facebook page

This website uses cookies. Click here to find out more.

Accept cookies