The situation in Donetsk remained tense at 1 p.m. local time (2 p.m. Moscow time) on Wednesday but no more shooting can be heard and critical public services are running as usual, the Donetsk city council said.
Specialists from Donetskgorgaz are repairing gas pipelines "damaged as a result of artillery fire in the Petrovsky and Kirovsky districts and an air strike in the Kalininsky district," the statement said.
Earlier, another 130 private-sector residents and 309 tower-block residents were cut off from gas supplies in addition to the 133 private-sector residents already without gas.
According to the city authorities, the Petrovsky and Yuzhny water supply systems which stopped operating a day earlier due to the damage of the power transmission lines have resumed operation. The systems are now running steadily, supplying water to the Petrovsky system and parts of the Leninsky and Kirovsky systems. Only the water supply system of a Donetsk chemical plant remains without power.
According to Voda Donbassa, a local water utility, electricity supplies have resumed at a pump station at the Seversky Donets-Donbas Canal. So far the canal is operating shorter hours so water supplies in Donetsk remain limited.
Meanwhile, the Ukrainian National Security and Defense Council earlier dismissed the reports about carrying out an overnight air strike against Donetsk.
All rights reserved by Rossiyskaya Gazeta.
to our newsletter!
Get the week's best stories straight to your inbox