Representatives of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People's Republic have registered a considerable increase in the number of Ukrainian troops in the area of the populated area of Debaltsevo, which is controlled by the Ukrainian armed forces, Andrei Purgin, deputy prime minister of the Donetsk People's Republic, said.
"Such reinforcement is normally done for a clear purpose: to deliver a strike. Without doubt, we will bring it to the attention of international organizations," Purgin told reporters.
Representatives of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People's Republic said earlier that the Ukrainian armed forces are increasing the amount of equipment and personnel on strategic routes.
According to eyewitnesses, the number of personnel is constantly increasing near the populated areas of Volnovakha, Mariupol, Horlivka, and Kramatorsk, and there is information on convoys carrying equipment moving from the Zaporizhzhya and Dnepropetrovsk regions, a source in the Donetsk militia told Interfax on Monday.
"We keep getting information on the re-grouping of the enemy's forces on the northern and southern routes. Locals give us video evidence of movements by Ukrainian equipment. Ceasefire violations by the Ukrainian armed forces are also being registered," the source said.
Andriy Lysenko, an official with the Ukrainian National Security and Defense Council, said the Ukrainian troops in eastern Ukraine keep coming under attack in eastern Ukraine despite the ceasefire.
"The situation in the area of the anti-terrorist operation remains difficult, despite the ceasefire. The attacks on the Ukrainian positions continue. At the same time, the nature of these attacks has changed: as a rule, shots are fired with mortars and small arms, not heavy artillery," Lysenko told a briefing.
According to Lysenko, attacks have been registered near the populated areas of Avdeyevka, Donetskoye, Peski, Chernenko, Volonterovka, Pavlopol, Tonenkoye, Sartana, Nikishino, and Nizhnya Krynka of the Donetsk region and Smeloye, Shchastya, Kamyshevakha, Zolotoye and Orlovskoye in the Lugansk region. "No attacks from the territory of Russia have been registered," Lysenko said.
All rights reserved by Rossiyskaya Gazeta.
to our newsletter!
Get the week's best stories straight to your inbox