The protocol adopted in the meeting of the contact group in Minsk on September 5 on the joint steps aimed at implementing Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko's peace plan and the initiatives of Russian President Vladimir Putin, which was signed in Minsk on September 5, was published in the Wednesday edition of the parliamentary newspaper Golos Ukrainy.
The document has 12 items:
1. Ensure an immediate bilateral ceasefire.
2. Ensure monitoring and verification by the OSCE of the ceasefire regime.
3. Conduct de-centralization of power, including by adopting the Ukrainian law On temporary Local Self-Government Procedures in Some Districts of the Donetsk and Luhansk Regions (law on special status).
4. Ensure permanent monitoring on the Ukrainian-Russian state border and verification by the OSCE with the creation of a security zone in the regions of Ukraine and Russia located near the border.
5. Urgently release all hostages and people who are being held illegally.
6. Adopt a law on the prevention of the persecution and punishment of people over the events that took place in some districts of the Donetsk and Luhansk regions of Ukraine.
7. Continue inclusive nationwide dialogue.
8. Take measures to improve the humanitarian situation in Donbas.
9. Ensure the organization of early local elections in accordance with the law of Ukraine On temporary Local Self-Government Procedures in Some Districts of the Donetsk and Luhansk Regions (law on special status).
10. Remove illegal armed groups, military equipment, and also militants and mercenaries from the territory of Ukraine.
11. Adopt a program for the economic rebuilding of Donbas and rebuilding the region's life.
12. Provide personal safety guarantees to consultation participants.
The document was signed by participants in the three-party contact group: Heidi Tagliavini (representative of the OSCE chairperson-in-office on Ukraine), Leonid Kuchma (ex-president of Ukraine), and Mikhail Zurabov (ambassador of Russia to Ukraine).
All rights reserved by Rossiyskaya Gazeta.
to our newsletter!
Get the week's best stories straight to your inbox