There has not been a single shot in Donbass almost since midnight - Kiev

There is a visible decline in the frequency and intensity of fire in Eastern Ukraine; not a single shot has been registered since Saturday night, the press center of the military operation reports on its Facebook page.

There is a visible decline in the frequency and intensity of fire in Eastern Ukraine; not a single shot has been registered since Saturday night, the press center of the military operation reports on its Facebook page.

"We note that there has not been a single shot since half past midnight in Donbass," the report posted on Sunday morning says.

It says that previously the new terminal of Donetsk airport and also the communities of Berezove, Pisky, Mykolaivka and Lugansk came under fire.

Meanwhile, Governor of Lugansk region Hennadiy Moskal reports that a private house was damaged and an elderly woman wounded by mortar fire around midnight in Zolote, Popasne district.

"A mortar exploded in a homestead in Ordzhonikidze street damaging a house. The owner, an 89-year-old woman was injured in the head by fragments. She is now in hospital in Lysychansk," the press service of the regional administration quotes Moskal as saying.

Meanwhile, the Defense Ministry of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People's Republic (DPR) claims that the Ukrainian military violated the ceasefire five times during the past 24 hours with militia positions coming under fire at Donetsk airport and in the northern outskirts of the city.

A spokesman for the ministry told Interfax that militia positions in the northern outskirts came under tank and sniper fire.

He did not know of any casualties related to the shelling.

Read more: DPR finds recent meeting of Contact Group in Minsk fruitful

All rights reserved by Rossiyskaya Gazeta.

More exciting stories and videos on Russia Beyond's Facebook page

This website uses cookies. Click here to find out more.

Accept cookies