Militiamen and Ukrainian government forces have blamed each other for instances of shelling reported in Ukraine's eastern regions in the past 24 hours.
A spokesman for the militia headquarters of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People's Republic (DPR) has accused the Ukrainian army of breaching the ceasefire in Donbas 43 times over the past 24 hours.
"The Ukrainian side has violated the truce 43 times. It used Grad [multiple-launch rocket] systems along the line of contact from Dokuchayevsk to the Donetsk airport. Small arms were also fired against our positions," he told Interfax.
According to the DPR militia spokesman, several residential buildings were damaged as a result of shelling. At least five shells exploded in Kuibyshev Street of Donetsk.
The Ukrainian army's press center, for its part, reported that 34 strikes using mortars, artillery weapons and Grad multiple-launch rocket systems had been conducted against positions held by Ukrainian soldiers last night. The most intense shelling was observed near Donetsk.
"On the whole, illegal armed units have shelled our servicemen's positions 50 times in the past 24 hours," the press center said.
Lugansk Region Governor Hennadiy Moskal, for his part, said that shelling of Kyiv-controlled parts of the Luhansk region has become much more intense since Thursday.
"The main hot spots are Krymske, Stanytsia Luhanska and Shchastya," Moskal said.
Mortars and Grad systems were fired against the village of Krymske, Novoaidar district, several times, according to Moskal. No one was killed or injured, he said.
Gunfire exchanges can be heard virtually non-stop in Stanytsia Luhansk, Moskal said.
"The outskirts of the town of Shchastya came under intense artillery fire at around midnight. No damage was caused to its infrastructure," he said.
All rights reserved by Rossiyskaya Gazeta.