The Ukrainian military has accused militia forces in the south-east of the country of breaching the ceasefire, saying they see no immediate opportunity to begin withdrawing heavy weaponry in the region.
Ukrainian army operation spokesman Anatoliy Stelmakh told Interfax that as of Tuesday morning, any arms withdrawal by the Ukrainian army was out of the question.
"The first stage is the observance of a complete ceasefire for at least 24 hours," he said.
Ukrainian army positions were attacked 12 times overnight, he added.
Meanwhile, the self-proclaimed Donetsk (DNR) and Lugansk (LNR) People's Republics continue to withdraw heavy weaponry from the contact line in accordance with the plan signed earlier, Eduard Basurin of the Defense Ministry of the DNR told Interfax.
In the last week, the self-proclaimed republics have been withdrawing military hardware from the contact line at their own initiative.
"In compliance with the signed plan, we will withdraw our hardware 50 kilometers (31 miles) from the September 19 contact line. We will do so at certain sectors, not along the entire line. Today they include Debaltsevo, Horlivka, Donetsk and Telmanovo. We began withdrawing heavy weapons a week ago, off schedule, at our own initiative," he said.
Militia forces of the LPR also continued to withdraw their military hardware on Tuesday morning, Basurin said.
"We plan to withdraw 96 D-30 artillery weapons in Debaltsevo, Horlivka, Donetsk and Telmanovo," Basurin told the Donetsk news agency.
All rights reserved by Rossiyskaya Gazeta.