The Russian Foreign Ministry on Saturday publicized the points on which mutual agreement was reached at the second intra-Syrian consultative meeting in Moscow on April 9.
In particular, the document entitled Moscow Platform contains the following provisions:
1. The settlement of the crisis in Syria by political means based on mutual consent and on the Geneva I principles of June 30, 2012.
2. An appeal to the international community demanding that considerable pressure be immediately applied to all Arab, regional and world parties involved in the shedding of Syrian blood, prompting them to implement the UN Security Council resolutions on combating terrorism and stop any actions supporting terrorism, including those helping terrorists enter Syrian territory, their training and preparation, and their provision with shelter, financing, and weapons.
3. An appeal to the international community to demand that the blockade be lifted immediately and fully and the effect of unilateral economic enforcement measures in relation to the Syrian nation and its institutions be reduced.
4. The essence and results of any political process must be based on national sovereignty and the people's will expressed through democratic mechanisms.
5. A political process shall be pursued based on mutual consent between the Syrians, i.e. the government, forces, parties, or movements committed to a political solution.
6. Support and consolidation of national reconciliations promoting the achievement of a political settlement; support of the army and the armed forces in combating terrorism.
7. An appeal to the international community for assistance in returning Syrian refugees home; the facilitation of favorable preconditions for the return of the displaced persons.
8. The fundamental objectives of any political process are the following:
a - the preservation of national sovereignty;
b - unity of the Syrian territory and the people;
c - the preservation of government institutions, their improvement and the enhancement of the quality of their functioning;
d - the denouncement of any political settlement based on setting any ethnic, religious, or communal quotas;
e - strict adherence to the liberation of all occupied Syrian territories;
f - the only way toward achieving a political solution is an intra-Syrian national dialogue maintained by the Syrians without any interference.
9. A political settlement will consolidate and mobilize the people's forces to oppose and crash terrorism. This settlement must result in the government institutions' exclusive monopoly on the possession of weapons.
10. An appeal to the international community for supporting mutual accord to be achieved in relation to a comprehensive political resolution in the course of the Moscow meetings within the framework of preparations for its endorsement at a Geneva III conference.
All rights reserved by Rossiyskaya Gazeta.