Some 40 foreign students hospitalised after Moscow hostel fire

About 40 foreign students of the Russian State Medical University were hospitalised after a fire at the hostel in southwest Moscow, local health officials said on Thursday.

About 40 foreign students of the Russian State Medical University were hospitalised after a fire at the hostel in southwest Moscow, local health officials said on Thursday.

Some 20 students are in a serious condition, the officials said.

The fire at the 16-storey hostel broke out on Wednesday evening and was extinguished in about an hour. Some 680 people were evacuated from the building.

According to preliminary reports, the fire was caused by a short circuit.

First published by TASS.

All rights reserved by Rossiyskaya Gazeta.