Video hosting YouTube, regarding which the Russian Federal Service for Supervision in the Sphere of Telecom, Information Technologies and Mass Communications (Roscomnadzor) issued a warning on copyright infringement, has deleted illegal information, the agency's press office said on July 23.
"Illegal information has been deleted at all addresses sent earlier to YouTube," Roskomnadzor twitted.
It was reported a day earlier that the Russian communications watchdog Roscomnadzor officially warned YouTube that access to its services may be restricted if its copyright infringement persists.
"Roscomnadzor warns Russian users that some YouTube URLs will be put on the register of copyright violators on July 27, 2015. Upon the expiration of three working days, communications operators will restrict access to these links if the unlawful information is not deleted," Roscomnadzor said in a statement shared with Interfax on July 22.
"This could block access to the entire YouTube service for subscribers of some Internet providers," it said.
The Moscow City Court had ruled on April 7 to grant a motion by the TNT Television Network, the copyright holder, "to take preliminary enforcement measures to protect its exclusive rights to the Fizruk [seasons 1 and 2] and Chernobyl series posted on YouTube."
"The initial notification on copyright infringement was forwarded to the YouTube administration on April 8, after which the unlawful information was deleted. Subsequent monitoring of YouTube's website repeatedly revealed that the said series were posted again," Roscomnadzor said.
On July 20, YouTube was monitored again for the illegal posting of Fizruk and Chernobyl, and 137 links to the illegal content were discovered, it said.
All rights reserved by Rossiyskaya Gazeta.
to our newsletter!
Get the week's best stories straight to your inbox