There is still no progress regarding the opening of a Russia-NATO hotline, says Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Alexei Meshkov.
"There is nothing on this so far. We have a NATO telephone, and they have ours," Meshkov told Interfax when asked whether there was any progress in opening a Russia-NATO hotline on Thursday.
In light of the operation in Syria, more active steps toward opening such a hotline currently depend on the West, Meshkov said. "This depends on our partners," he said.
"It's necessary to distinguish between two things: one thing is dialogue on contact between the military between Russia and the U.S. and the other is Russia and NATO. There is nothing between Russia and NATO so far," he said.
All rights reserved by Rossiyskaya Gazeta.
to our newsletter!
Get the week's best stories straight to your inbox