Two people have been killed in the attack on Damascus from an area controlled by the 'moderate' opposition, the Russian center for reconciliation of warring sides in Syria has said in its news bulletin.
"For instance, six attacks on residential areas of Damascus (Karaj Abasin, Asiya, Jobar, Mamunia, and Maysaloun) by use of mortars and rocket launchers were observed in the period from 6:25 a.m. till 11:30 a.m. on Feb. 27, 2016," says the bulletin published on the Russian Defense Ministry website.
"In all, 20 explosions of mines and shells were observed, they killed two local residents and injured eight. The gunfire was coming from the areas of Jobar and Eastern Guta held by 'moderate' opposition units, included in the U.S. lists of forces, which had joined the cessation of hostilities. At the request of the Russian center for reconciliation, the Syrian governmental forces did not return fire," the document said.
"Militants of the international terrorist organization Jabhat al-Nusra (banned in Russia) opened mortar fire on the Desert Falcons volunteer unit near the town of Kabana in the Latakia province from the territory controlled by the moderate opposition. The shelling inflicted numerous casualties amongst the volunteers and local residents," the report said.
A suicide bomber blew up a car bomb brought from an area held by the 'moderate' opposition on a road one kilometer east of Hama.
Moscow said earlier that every violation of the ceasefire was reported to the U.S. group for reconciliation based in Amman, Jordan.
All rights reserved by Rossiyskaya Gazeta.