Press secretary of the Russian president, Dmitry Peskov, says investigation into the crash of the Malaysia Airlines MH17 Boeing above Ukraine does not consider Russia's position.
"The investigation cannot abstract from whatever versions on the basis of a paradigm Russia is responsible," he said in an interview with the First Channel. "It is impossible to have an investigation based on the paradigm, where in several minutes after the tragedy certain countries claim at official levels Russia is responsible."
"In that case, it is doomed to failure, lack of objectivity."
On Sept. 28, the Joint Investigation Team consisting of representatives of the Netherlands, Ukraine, Australia, Malaysia and Belgium, presented its first preliminary results of the criminal investigation into the MH17 crash in Donbass. The JIT claims that the plane was shot down with a BUK missile brought from Russia’s territory.
The investigators said the missile was launched from the Pervomayskoye village to the south of Snezhnoye, which was controlled by self-defense militias at that time. The JIT has not studied the data provided by Russia that rejected this version.
Russia’s Defense Ministry said it doubts that the conclusions of the investigators are objective. "The data, which the investigation team presented at a briefing on Wednesday, had been taken from two main sources: the Internet and Ukraine’s security services. Therefore, the objectivity of that data and consequently the conclusions made on its basis cannot but be doubtful," the ministry’s official spokesman Igor Konashenkov stressed.
He also assured that no Russian air defense systems have ever crossed the Ukrainian border.
The Malaysia Airlines Boeing -777 flight MH17, which was on its way from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur crashed in Donbass on July 17, 2014. All the 283 passengers and 15 crew members, nationals of ten countries, died in the crash.
All rights reserved by Rossiyskaya Gazeta.