Russian president’s press secretary Dmitry Peskov has refuted allegations of Russia’s discussing a deal with Turkey under which Russia obliges not to interfere into Ankara’s confrontation with the Kurds.
"No," he said when asked to comment of corresponding reports.
A number of mass media outlets reported earlier that Moscow and Ankara had looked into the possibility of a "deal" under which Turkey would withdraw some of the armed groups it controls from Syria’s Aleppo in exchange for Russia’s not objecting against sending these groups to confront the Kurds.
Russia’s General Staff Lieutenant-General Sergey Rudskoi said earlier that Russian forces were ready to provide armed militants’ safe pullout from eastern Aleppo.
"We’re ready to ensure safe pullout of armed militants," he said.
"In the interests of solving these tasks, we’re ready to discuss any initiatives and proposals," the Russian general added.
The senior Russian military official said corridors for all militants wishing to flee Aleppo, including with weapons, were still open in the area near the Castello Road.
According to Rudskoi, rallies have been held in various parts of eastern Aleppo since October 8 with a demand that militants open corridors from their controlled areas.
First published by TASS.
All rights reserved by Rossiyskaya Gazeta.
to our newsletter!
Get the week's best stories straight to your inbox