Lavrov says attack on Russian hospital in Aleppo was planned

Russian Defense Ministry's mobile hospital in Aleppo after the bombing.

Russian Defense Ministry's mobile hospital in Aleppo after the bombing.

Mikhail Alayeddin / RIA Novosti
Two Russian medical workers were killed when militants shelled hospital

The attack on the Russian Defense Ministry’s mobile hospital in Aleppo was planned, Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov said on Dec. 6.

"We are confident that this attack was planned," the minister said. "It was planned by those who are trying to retain their positions in Aleppo under the guise of their foreign patrons."

The minister stressed that the Russian military will help the Syrian army take additional security measures to protect hospitals from terrorists. "Of course, after yesterday’s crime our servicemen will help the Syrian army to take extra security measures to protect hospitals from bandits," Lavrov said.

The Russian Defense Ministry earlier reported that two Russian medical workers had been killed and another one wounded when militants shelled the Russian mobile hospital in Aleppo. According to the ministry, the facility came under artillery fire when the examination of local patients was in progress.

Source: TASS

All rights reserved by Rossiyskaya Gazeta.

More exciting stories and videos on Russia Beyond's Facebook page

This website uses cookies. Click here to find out more.

Accept cookies