- All contestants must be 21 years of age or older
- All contestants must be U.S. citizens.
- Russia Beyond the Headlines is the sole sponsor of this contest. No employees of freelancers of RBTH or Russia Now, or their relatives, may enter the contest; neither may employees or relatives of The New York Times, The Washington Post, or any other newspaper in which Russia Beyond The Headlines is distributed.
- Material must be submitted between May 11 and June 1.
- All submissions (essays or videos) should be newspaper friendly in terms of content (No offensive language or expletives.
- The winner will be determined by a jury composed of members of the editorial staff of Rossiyskaya Gazeta and RBTH and staff of RACC.
- The winner of the contest will be announced in the next issue of Russia Beyond the Headlines in the New York Times on June 8.
All rights reserved by Rossiyskaya Gazeta.