If you want to feel like someone is frantically trying to get back together with you, or are simply up for a laugh - sign up to the channel.Getty Images
A channel on Telegram called “Byvshaya” (“The Ex” - @yourexgirlfriend) was created on June 12 and has already gained over 30,000 followers in just a couple of weeks. Even channels run by some mainstream media outlets like RT and TV Rain are less popular.
The secret of Byvshaya’s popularity is quite simple. It looks like a private chat rather than a public channel, a private chat with, you got it, an ex-girlfriend. All the messages are left unanswered (maybe the hypothetical guy has blocked her) but the ex continues to write. Updates appear every couple of days.
Despite being a fictional character, the ex demonstrates a wide range of emotions and the tone and mood of her messages changes drastically. For example, once she started by backing down after a fight:
- Guess I took it too far
Then, Byvshaya began talking about how she regrets breaking up:
- We both went too far that time
- Especially me
She’s also been known to contact her ex-boyfriend out of the blue, by “mistake”:
- I put a “like” on your page accidentally))
- Are you pretending you haven’t seen me today?))
Once she went all out and sent a picture:
Byvshaya. / Screenshot
- I’ve just dyed my hair))
But sometimes rage takes over:
- Have you blocked me?
- Wow, how manly of you
- Just wow
- You really don’t know why I’ve done that?
- You’re just ridiculous
But once again she is overwhelmed with sadness:
- I dreamed about you last night
- So I’ve just woken up and kinda feel empty inside
- No idea why I’m writing all of this))
And then there’s just pure desperation:
- Hi, don’t think that I’m just looking for an excuse to write to you. This is really important
- Can you remind me the password for DeliveryClub?
- It’s PLEACECOMEBACK or something, isn’t it?
So, if you want to feel like someone is frantically trying to get back together with you, or are simply up for a laugh - sign up to the channel. Or perhaps it's better to find a real girlfriend....