@Yourexgirlfriend: The fictional broken heart taking Telegram by storm
A channel on Telegram called “Byvshaya” (“The Ex” - @yourexgirlfriend) was created on June 12 and has already gained over 30,000 followers in just a couple of weeks. Even channels run by some mainstream media outlets like RT and TV Rain are less popular.
The secret of Byvshaya’s popularity is quite simple. It looks like a private chat rather than a public channel, a private chat with, you got it, an ex-girlfriend. All the messages are left unanswered (maybe the hypothetical guy has blocked her) but the ex continues to write. Updates appear every couple of days.
‘No idea why I’m writing all of this’
Despite being a fictional character, the ex demonstrates a wide range of emotions and the tone and mood of her messages changes drastically. For example, once she started by backing down after a fight:
- Guess I took it too far
Then, Byvshaya began talking about how she regrets breaking up:
- We both went too far that time
- Especially me
She’s also been known to contact her ex-boyfriend out of the blue, by “mistake”:
- I put a “like” on your page accidentally))
- Are you pretending you haven’t seen me today?))
Once she went all out and sent a picture:
Byvshaya. / Screenshot
- I’ve just dyed my hair))
But sometimes rage takes over:
- Have you blocked me?
- Wow, how manly of you
- Just wow
- You really don’t know why I’ve done that?
- You’re just ridiculous
But once again she is overwhelmed with sadness:
- I dreamed about you last night
- So I’ve just woken up and kinda feel empty inside
- No idea why I’m writing all of this))
And then there’s just pure desperation:
- Hi, don’t think that I’m just looking for an excuse to write to you. This is really important
- Can you remind me the password for DeliveryClub?
- It’s PLEACECOMEBACK or something, isn’t it?
So, if you want to feel like someone is frantically trying to get back together with you, or are simply up for a laugh - sign up to the channel. Or perhaps it's better to find a real girlfriend....