Bears have very dry and tough meat, which is why cutlets are one of a few dishes that can be made from bear meat. They were made primarily in cold regions, for example, Siberia, where beef and pork are not very common. Moreover, doctors say that bear meat contains practically all the vitamins known to modern medicine, which also makes it nutritious, especially in the cold Siberian regions where it is difficult to obtain vitamins from fruits and vegetables.
2. Form the cutlets (meatballs), roll them in the flour and fry in a pan until they are golden.
3. Heat the over to 180 degrees Celsius and bake the cutlets for 30-40 minutes.
In Ancient Rome and old France dishes made from boar were served only to royalty. The reason is that mainly dogs were used to hunt the ferocious forest boar and it was expensive to keep them. The boar hunt was also very popular with the Russian imperial family and boar meat was used to make various dishes. Including cutlets.
2. Add the egg and the beef broth into the ground meat and mix. Form cutlets and roll them in the breadcrumbs.
3. Fry in a pan for 4-5 minutes on each side on a medium flame.
Elk meat tastes like lamb. In order for this dish to be tasty, it is recommended to soak the meat in water for several hours. The elk cutlets have the same recipe as the bear cutlets.
The pike is one of the most common fish in Russia. As any wild animal, it is considered a dietary product with many nutritious qualities. In fact, pike meat is hypoallergenic. And pike cutlets are very juicy and delicious.
2. Fry them in a pan for 5-6 minutes on each side.
Cutlets can also be made from pike roe, sautéing them in white wine.
There has always been an abundance of wild fowl in Russia. The recipes for it were simple: it was either baked in an oven or fried. However, duck cutlets were also popular.
1. Soak the bread in the milk and add to the duck meat along with finely chopped onion, spices and grated raw potatoes. Put everything in a mincer, mix the egg into the ground meat and leave overnight in a refrigerator.
2. Fry the cutlets in the breadcrumbs in a pan in a large quantity of vegetable oil, 5-6 minutes on each side.
If using any of Russia Beyond's content, partly or in full, always provide an active hyperlink to the original material.