|Press||to activate English subtitles|
In 1942 Samara, 700 miles south-east of Moscow, was designated as the USSR’s second capital city, in case Moscow fell to the Nazis. It was planned for Soviet government to use this bunker as its HQ.
The bunker was built in nine months by a team of 800 engineers and 2,900 workers. It was declassified in 1990 and then turned into museum.
All rights reserved by Rossiyskaya Gazeta.