The fastest way to get from this airport to the center of Moscow is the Aeroexpress train, which has a station right in the airport building. With no traffic on the way, you’ll arrive at the Kievskaya train station in 35 minutes, and from there you can get on the metro (Circle line), which makes it convenient to go anywhere in the city.
The first train leaves Vnukovo at 5:15
* During the 2018 FIFA World Cup™ football fans attending Moscow matches will be able to travel on the Aeroexpress free of charge, and there will be extra night trains. Check out the website for more information.
To Salaryevo metro station (Red line):
- Bus No. 911 or marshrutka mini costs 55 rubles ($0.8). The bus runs from 5:15 a.m. to 1:00 a.m. at 7-minute intervals. Travel time is around 20 minutes.
To Troparevo and Yugo-Zapadnaya metro stations (Red line)
- Bus No. 611 costs 55 rubles ($0.8). It runs from 5:15 a.m. to 1:00 a.m. at 20-minute intervals. Travel time is 25-40 minutes.
For more information visit www.vnukovo.ru.
* During the 2018 FIFA World Cup™ football fans attending Moscow matches will be able to travel on public buses free of charge
If you arrive at night and don’t want to wait for a night bus, then take a taxi. But don’t take one that’s already at the airport because they charge 5,000 rubles ($80) and more; in fact, the ride should cost no more than 2,000 rubles ($30).
There are several services and apps to help you book a taxi in advance and there’ll be a fixed price no matter how long you spend in traffic jams:
- Uber is available in Moscow
- Yandex Taxi (the app works in many languages)
- City Mobil (available in English).
The last two are available for booking in advance, but there are usually many cars in the vicinity of the airport that’ll pick you up in 5-10 minutes. When you arrive at the airport you can get online with free WiFi in the terminal and book a car. They’ll probably ask you to call after passing through border control because waiting in front of the airport is free only for the first 15 minutes, and then it’s quite expensive.
Several car-sharing companies are available at Vnukovo. You need an ID, driver’s license, credit card and a smartphone. You’ll need to sign a contract with a company in order to access its vehicle (you can also do this online). The leading companies
All major car rental companies can be found at Vnukovo: Sixt, Europcar, Avis, and
If using any of Russia Beyond's content, partly or in full, always provide an active hyperlink to the original material.
to our newsletter!
Get the week's best stories straight to your inbox