– Your heartbeat is very irregular. Do you drink?
– Yes, I do, but very regularly
– Are the other telephones broken?
– No, but this one gives a coin back when you hang up
– Yesterday evening at Ivanov's place was a bit of a damp squib
– You weren’t even invited, by the way
– Excuse me, but didn’t you receive this ribbon in 1918?
– Sure, but didn’t you get your Red Cross in 1920?
– Daddy, who’s heavier, me or our servant Lina?
– Hey, your wife is still talking!
Horse: Thank God I’m not married. Can't imagine having to take off my shoes every time I come back home!
– Are children allowed to see this movie?
– Could you at least accompany me out of the forest? I’m afraid of walking alone
– Do you think we'll be in time for the 7 o'clock train?
– Sure! We have almost 24 hours ahead
Enjoy it? Then read how people in the USSR poked fun at the Revolution’s leaders!
If using any of Russia Beyond's content, partly or in full, always provide an active hyperlink to the original material.
to our newsletter!
Get the week's best stories straight to your inbox