1. The future of Slavic men’s cologne in one
Even snack giants like Lays have caught on: Only in CIS countries will you find “mushroom and sour cream" crisps and sunflower seed stuffed snickers.
2. What’s stranger than a mayonnaise-sausage-potato salad? A mayonnaise-sausage-potato dressing
Often, these memes feature
Why drink kiwi-infused water when you can make
4. Nevertheless, the most important ingredient to a successful jar of
Given the Slavic obsession for everything smelly and preserved, it’s no surprise pickles are one of the greatest staples of Slavic cuisine. Pickles are especially popular as a zakuska: The holy grail of Russian snacks that go along with a shot of vodka.
Recent memes have become particularly inventive with the future for Russian pickle consumption.
5. Take a dispensary system, that provides you with pickles and vintage Soviet vodka all in one.
6. Or a new brand of Snickers:
7. A new flavor for a refreshing summer popsicle:
8. A new brand of McDonald's meal
9. Russians also have a particular penchant for cured sausages (
The current meme community, however, has invented new interpretations for this classic Slavic dish.
12. Some Russians are so enthusiastic about doctor’s
13. The Slavic love of meat, however, is not limited to sausages. Shish kababs, grilled on a backyard mangal, or grill, are the ticket to any Slavic woman’s heart.
14. Or even better: Holodets, frozen meat jelly.
Forget sausages, pickles
From a young age, every child is taught to methodically pop open the shell with their two front teeth to extract the seed inside in an action defined as
15. Trust us, it is very addictive.
16. So, who needs popcorn when you can have
Yes, they sure are absurd. But behind all the silliness, Slavic food memes shine a light on a unique cuisine that not a lot of people know about. It’s unlikely you’ll find
17. Spend enough time in Russia, and you’ll become like this cat: Desperate for Olivier-stuffed blinis with
If using any of Russia Beyond's content, partly or in full, always provide an active hyperlink to the original material.